Mathematics is a fundamental science. Mathematics is the study of quantity, structure, space and change.
It has been useful in computer, switching and coding theory, electrical network, operational research, statistics & Pure Sciences.
- The department of mathematics (of Shree ManibhaiVirani and Smt. NavalbenVirani Science College) was established in year 1968.
- Initially mathematics was thought as allied course for B.Sc. Chemistry and other UG programmes.
- The department started offering Mathematics as a principle subject from year 1994 at UG level.
- Department started offering M.Sc. Mathematics programme since academic year 2016-2017.
Student centric approach of imparting mathematics education
Comprehensive discussion of all courses of studies.
Ample opportunities given to the students to express and develop in a guided environment.
High level syllabus of UG and PG programmes including the content of examinations like NET, SLET and IIT-JAM.
Well-furnished class rooms with modern ICT facilities including smart digital classrooms.
Highly qualified ample staff for teaching at UG and PG level.
Well-equipped computer laboratories and rich library.
- Regular organization of various Co-curricular and Extracurricular activities involving mathematics.
1. Rangoli Competition on Mathematics -2017
2. Poster Competition on Mathematics-2018
- Every year students of the department of mathematics participate in large number and win prizes in various state level and national level seminar, symposium and conferences mathematics.
- Recent year’s student of the college won many prizes in state level and national level mathematics competitions.
Syllabus under preparation to be uploaded later.