The last century has witnessed an unprecedented research activity in theory of
graphs and its related concepts. The rise of computer science era and its applications boost up the growth in the field and theory of graphs has now become a subject of larger interest. The graphs can be used as a model to represent many real life situations. The systematic representation of Königsberg bridge problem by Leonhard Euler in 1736 is supposed to be the first graph drawn ever in the history of graph theory.
The main research area of the department of mathematics is graph theory. The researchers in the department are focusing on the topics in graph theory especially in variants of proper coloring and domination. The faculties in the department published two papers in domination and ten papers in coloring.
- The department of mathematics (of Shree ManibhaiVirani and Smt. NavalbenVirani Science College) was established in year 1968.
- Initially mathematics was thought as allied course for B.Sc. Chemistry and other UG programmes.
- The department started offering Mathematics as a principle subject from year 1994 at UG level.
- Department started offering M.Sc. Mathematics programme since academic year 2016-2017.
Student centric approach of imparting mathematics education
Comprehensive discussion of all courses of studies.
Ample opportunities given to the students to express and develop in a guided environment.
High level syllabus of UG and PG programmes including the content of examinations like NET, SLET and IIT-JAM.
Well-furnished class rooms with modern ICT facilities including smart digital classrooms.
Highly qualified ample staff for teaching at UG and PG level.
Well-equipped computer laboratories and rich library.
- Regular organization of various Co-curricular and Extracurricular activities involving mathematics.
1. Rangoli Competition on Mathematics -2017
2. Poster Competition on Mathematics-2018
- Every year students of the department of mathematics participate in large number and win prizes in various state level and national level seminar, symposium and conferences mathematics.
- Recent year’s student of the college won many prizes in state level and national level mathematics competitions.
Syllabus under preparation to be uploaded later.