- Disciplinary knowledge: An understanding of the nature, practice & application of the chosen science area of study.
- Initiative and innovative ability: An ability to think and work creatively, including the capacity for self-starting, and the ability to apply science skills to unfamiliar applications. Encompasses problem solving, critical thinking and analysis attributes, and the ability to discover new knowledge.
- Information literacy: An understanding of, and ability with the different forms of communication – writing, reading, speaking, listening-including visual and graphical, within science and beyond and the ability to apply these appropriately and effectively for different audiences.
- Modern tool usage. The ability to acquire, develop, employ and integrate a range of technical, practical and professional skills, in appropriate and ethical ways within a professional context, autonomously and collaboratively and across a range of disciplinary and professional areas .
- Professionalism and participation: An awareness of the role of science within a global culture and willingness to contribute to the shaping of community views on complex issues where the methods and findings of science are relevant.
The Department of Chemistry was established in the year 1968 and it is the oldest department of the college. Currently department offers UG, PG & Ph.D. Programs under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). Department of Chemistry has state-of-the art laboratory and classroom facilities, equipped with modern teaching and learning tools. Department of Chemistry has adequate and competent faculty members having diverse teaching and research experience with exposure from national and international institutes. The Department of Chemistry offers consultancy and collaborative MOU with various Academia and Industries for the training & Placement of the students.
- Earn while Learn Schemes
- Entrepreneurship development
- Central Instrumentation Facility
- Quality Teaching learning practices