- Organized state level seminar on “Non-conventional Energy Resources” in Feb-2013.
- Organized One Day Hands on Training Workshop on “Unit Operation Equipment for Size Reduction” in January 11, 2017.
- Organized Poster Presentation for UG students in Theme: Recent Trends in Chemical Sciences, in February 10, 2018.
- Organized One Day Hands on Training Workshop on “Petroleum Analysis Equipment” in 2016.
- Jointly organized various sports activities like Chess, Table tennis etc. in Feb-2016
- Jointly organized Quiz competition with Library in Aug-2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016.
The course is a unique amalgamation of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, which has been recognized as a vital course by chemical industries and allied industries as well. Keeping in view the scenario of Chemical Industries in India, UGC has designed and launched a course in Industrial Chemistry at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
The institute is pioneer in offering B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry) course at UG level in Saurashtra and Kutch region since 1998. Moreover, the college which is awarded with UGC assistance for M.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry) under innovative program – Teaching and research in interdisciplinary and emerging area in 2008.
It is a vocational technical course, specially designed to cater the needs of chemical industries.
|A.Y.||Area of Consultancy||Agency||Remark|
|Pollution Control Assessment||Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB), Gandhinagar||Three staff members are the environment auditors for schedule-1 industries.|
|Government of Gujarat||One Staff members is a coordinator.
Many needy students of UG as well as PG Industrial Chemistry are benefited.
Research paper selected as a KEY PAPER entitled “Implementation of Green
Technology: Some Selected Industrial Case Studies” in the e-proceedings of 28th
National Convention of Chemical Engineers & 2 Day National Seminar on “Green
Technology and Environmental Sustainability at Ahmedabad Organized by The
Institution of Engineers (India) Gujarat State Centre, 07-08Sept, 2012 .
|A.Y.||Name of Faculty/Student||Detail of Awards/ Recognitions||Organization|
|2016||Ravi S. Tank||Awarded Research Output-Faculty||Atmiya Group of Institution|
|2014||Awarded Research Output-Faculty||Atmiya Group of Institution|
|2013||Awarded Best Research Paper||International Journal of Textile and
Fashion Technology (IJTFT)
|2012||Research paper selected as a KEY PAPER||National Convention of Chemical Engineers,
Institution of Engineers (India) Gujarat State Centre
Environmental Audit Cell
Shree M. & N. Virani Science College
|The Institute of Engineers (India)|
|2008||Board of Studies
|2006||Board of Examination
|2011 - 2018||Mr. Viral H Karia||Membership of Environment Audit Cell – Schedule I Auditor||GPCB|
|2015||Dr. Mahesh Savant
|Best Researcher Award- Faculty||Atmiya Group of Institution|
|2011||Erasmus Mundus Europe Asia Postdoctoral fellowship||Europe|
|Dr. M. L. Savaliya|
|2013||Ph.D. Research fellowship by Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP), Phase-II, World Bank (For July 2013 to December 2014).||(TEQIP), Phase-II, World Bank|
|2015||Ph.D. Research fellowship by Ministry of human Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi under Full time Institute Research Scholar (FIR) category (from Jan. 2015 to 01.06.2017).||(MHRD), New Delhi, INDIA.|
Empowering graduates to become leading future technocrats with innovation, research and spirituality having a solid foundation of pure sciences in conjunction with applied sciences to serve the global needs.
IC dept is passionate and committed to:
- To divulge the students the contemporary state of knowledge and to imbibe ethos of technocrat in rapidly emergent field of science & technology by building the foundation on fundamental sciences.
- Provide outstanding undergraduate and graduate Industrial chemistry degree programs with excellent technical and leadership skills, integrity, and social responsibility.
-Be recognized internationally as a leader in research and industrial science, creating novel and sustainable solutions to serve public interests and to address global challenges in areas such as health, energy, and environment.
-Provide rigorous and contemporary curriculum that is responsive to future developments, reflecting the interdisciplinary nature and diversity of the industrial need, thus enabling students to become successful industrialist, entrepreneurs, academicians and leaders.